When I first started looking for Christian blogs about faith in chronic illness, I was a bit disappointed. I couldn’t find any! So I broadened my search. I finally found a few, and I quickly came to realize that there while there were many more Spoonie bloggers than I realized, it was still a search to find ones that were what I was looking for. Often, blogs were either 1) simply a much needed outlet for people to let out their many sufferings at, or 2) they were all sunshine and daisies, and didn’t talk about the raw, painful part of chronic illness and faith. Both of which could be a bit discouraging.
As I explored the world of Christian chronic illness bloggers a bit further, however, I discovered some very precious blogs that managed to balance the hard truth of chronic illness and still remain uplifting faith-wise. Now I want to share them with you! I hope you enjoy, and that they encourage you as much as they have (and continue to) me!
- EmilyLofgren.com – This wonderful blog is written by Emily Lofgren, a young woman who battles the daily fights of Lyme disease. One of my favorite of her posts is To The Girl Who Feels Like Giving Up.
- ChronicallyConstant – The blog Chronically Constant is written by a teenage girl struggling with POTS, and Joint Hypermobility Syndrome. One of my favorite of her posts is Living For God When You Have A Chronic Illness.
- BeyondtheNoise – This blog is by a young woman name Emily Chupp, battles various auto-immune diseases. One of my favorite posts she’s written is Why I Realized Marriage is Not For Me.
- GraceISSufficient – Written by a woman named Kim, who is a wife, mother, and grandmother, as well as a PCOS and Fibromyalgia sufferer. My favorite of her posts is 8 Habits to Avoid During a Flare. (I have to confess, I don’t agree with all 8, but there are some great tips! 😀 )
- InkblotsofHope – This blog is written by Sarah & Michael, a couple who each have their own set of chronic illness struggles. One of my favorite of their posts is What to do When You Can’t Write Because of Brain Fog.
- Cassidy’sHeart – Cassidy is a young woman who struggles with bouts of temporary paralysis. My favorite blogpost of her is 3 Lies I Believed About My Body.
- LifeinSlowMotion – This blog is by Esther Smith, a woman who writes from her experiences with Chronic Pain. One of my favorite of her posts is Facing Suffering That Lasts Longer Than A Season.
- RebeccaVandeMark – Rebecca is a woman with Lyme disease. My favorite post that she has done is 12 Things to Pray for the Caretakers of Someone With a Chronic Health Condition.
- KaraSwanson – Kara is a young speculative fiction author, who also struggles with Lyme disease. My favorite post of hers is He Is My Hope.
Well, there you are! Enjoy! Just to clarify real fast, though, I haven’t read every single post on each blog, so I’m not just giving you a blanket recommendation. 😉 As is wise in all things you read, read carefully and with discernment. 🙂